Famous Readings of "Copey" to Be Distributed by Film Service

Recording of Charles Townsend Copeland's famous readings, newsreels of the Europeans war, and ultra high speed motion pictures taken by H. F. Edgerton, much publicized M. I. T. expert, are only three of the imposing list of records and motion pictures which the Film Service will distribute this year to interested groups from Harvard Square to Brazil.

All you need is a projector and a little extra cash and you can spend the night watching the war in China, the battle for Europe, Roosevelt's third inauguration, or savage beasts in Darkest Africa--all from a comfortable armchair.

Or if your roommate owns a record-player, you can hear Copey read the Sixth and Seventh Chapters of the Book of Revelation in the silver tones that have earned him recognition the country over. On hand also is a recording by Bliss Perry, who gives a literary talk on Emerson's "Last Days in Concord" and Thackeray's "Henry Esmond."

Specially recorded by the Film Service are numerous other selections from famous works read by their authors W. H. Audes reads sonnets from "In Time of War"; T. S. Eliot reads "Gerontion" and "The Hollow Men"; and Robert Hillyer reads "Overhead", "The Cave", and others.

Rent Science, Art Films

Most of the motion pictures rented by the Film Service are educational and are sold or rented to preparatory schools; high schools, colleges, and other similar institutions. Almost all the sciences are represented in the Service catalogue; travelogues and art films are also in great demand.

The Film Service makes few films itself, acting chiefly as an intermediary between small independent producers and audiences drawn largely from educational institutions. The latest production filmed by the Service is a set of films specially designed for remedial reading courses. Developing and finishing is almost complete, and copies will soon be sent to numerous colleges and secondary schools that have already contracted for the film.