CAA MAY HALT PILOT COURSE

Army Control Threatens Program For Next Year

Although the C. A. A. primary and advanced pilot training programs are listed in the new catalogue of next year's courses as Aviation 1 and 2, William Bollay, instructor in Applied Mechanics and head of the C. A. A. ground school here, sounded very doubtful yesterday whether the training will be continued next year.

Federal appropriations for the instruction next year have bogged down in Congressional committees. A strong block in the War Department, now clamoring that the C. A. A. can not give students the proper kind of preparation for later work in the Air Corps, may persuade Congress to incorporate the entire program in the Army.

Plans here for summer school pilot training courses likewise hinge on action in Washington. Although there is little chance of a primary course, Bollay believes that the C. A. A. may very likely approve advanced training for next summer.

If approved, the program would be conducted here at College rather than at Falmouth, where it was held last summer, Bollay stated.

Now beginning in the advanced training program is a new course on the Morse Code, which meets every Thursday afternoon at 5 o'clock in 201 Pierce Hall. Any member of the University may audit it free of charge.