Varsity Hoopsters Face Brown; Pucksters Meet Underdog Tech

Chase Sextet Strong For MIT Tilt Tonight

By Irvin M. Horowitz

Barring catastrophies, unexpected reversals, and the other quaint tricks which make sports events unpredictable, John Chase's hockey team will romp to its second straight win tonight when it faces M.I.T. at the Boston Skating Club in a fracas scheduled for 8:15 o'clock.

The Engineers are what is known as weak, for a number of reasons. Not only did they emerge from the wreckage of the Boston Arena a 14 to 2 loser to Boston University last Saturday night, but they took the ice against Northeastern again only last night, and three games in five nights are not very propitious for a college six barely on its skates.

No Lineup Changes

No changes in the Crimson lineup are plotted by Chase, who will stand pat on the sextet which opened the Tufts embroglio. The front line of Caleb Loring, Marc Beebe, and Billy Harding, he of three goal fame, is intact, and the defensive duet of Captain Johnny Paine and Dick Mechem will be on hand for the referee's whistle. Wearing the pads and tending the cage will Goodie Harding, who also started against the Jumbos.

If the rout takes place as scheduled, Coach Chase should flood the rink with substituted before the evening is over. A second trio of Johnny Burton, Al Everts, and George Harding will spell the first line when needed, and Bill Apthorp and Earl Acker will relieve Mechem and Paine.

The Engineers' major claim to fame is Captain Fred Kaneb, a rugged defenseman who last year was named all-New England by local sports scribes. Charley Seifert, Tech wing, is another enemy operative who will bear watching.

Coupon number five in the H.A.A.'s little book will admit all students who brave the cold winds and trek to the Skating Club, located on Soldiers Field Road.