YALE TO CONTINUE PRESENT COURSES

Large, Undraftable '47 and Servicemen to Swell Ranks

Yale will not suspend its regulation educational program, its liberal arts courses and its A. B. degree, Eli president Charles Seymour declared yesterday morning in a precedent-breaking press conference.

New Haven expects a banner crop of Freshmen in July, another '47 installment next October, and Seymour stated that the college will continue teaching with its own facilities students exempted for physical reasons.

The Eli faculty will not only continue to provide training for college students now in reserves, Seymour continued, but it will also provide college courses to those men whom the Army and Navy send for reassignment study.

Young Bulldogs

Since over 50% of the Freshmen now enrolled at New Haven are below 18 years of age, and that percentile is expected to increase, the president does not expect too sharp a drop in matriculation figures. "Many boys entering Yale can count on from two to four years of college work, which we would believe of the greatest value before entering the armed services," he said.

The press conference was the second such innovation in the history of the college.