FORMER OBJECTORS NOW ASK TO FIGHT

But Harvard Pacifists Still To Protest Military Service

A number of men who had been classified as conscientious objectors in the first draft have decided to take an active part in the war. Raymond G. Dennett '36, member of the Advisory Committee for Student Conscientious Objectors, stated yesterday. He added that between 30 and 35 registrants had originally signed as objectors, but incomplete figures prevent an accurate estimate of the number now.

Dennett further claimed that the outbreak of war had been instrumental in changing the applications of many objectors who formerly had signified their intention to enter the country's objector camps, but now wish to enlist in active service.

Pacifists Oppose Draft

The recent draft will be met by statements of conscientious objection from the twelve members of the Harvard Pacifist Society, Linmey J. Burton '42, president of the society stated yesterday. The members oppose military service on religious, moral or political grounds, Burton said.

Burton contended that the number of conscientious objectors would not be known for a few weeks, until the draftee questionnaires are distributed and returned.