EUSDEN WINS WYMAN PRIZE

Plaque Given to High Scorer Of College Swimming Team

Having scored the greatest number of points in dual intercollegiate competition during the past swimming season, Sophomore Johnny Eusden of Newton and Dunster House was presented the E. B. Wyman Trophy at the annual dinner of the Varsity squad held last night at the Harvard Club of Boston.

The Wyman Trophy is a permanent plaque with a small replica, which is automatically given to the swimmer or diver scoring the most points for the Crimson team. Former winners include: Roy S. Wallace, Jr. '35 in 1935; Charles G. Hutter, Jr. '38, of Olympic fame, in 1936, 1937, and 1938; Eric Cutler '40 in 1939 and 1940; and Franny Powers '41 in 1941.

Specializing in the 50 and 100 yard free styles, "Big John" started off somewhat slowly but was a consistent winner by the end of the season. He hit his peak in the Yale meet, winning the 50 yard free style in 23.9 seconds, which was the best time turned in during the entire campaign by any Harvard swimmer entered in that event.

In the National Intercollegiates held three weeks ago in the Indoor Athletic Pool Eusden failed to place in either the 50 or 100 yard free styles but was anchor man on Harvard's Medley Relay team which came in fourth behind Yale, Michigan and Ohio State.