Student Council Abolishes Album Board Elections

Executives to be Appointed; Redbook Merger Arranged

The Student Council, meeting last night, abolished the present method of selecting executives for the Senior year-book, and clarified the details of the Redbook-Album merger.

Harry Newman '42, chairman of the 1942 Album, announced last night that the appointments to next year's executive posts will be made within the week, under the new plan.

Register Will Be Published

Beginning next fall a list of names and pictures of all Freshmen will definitely be published, as before. But there probably will be no Redbook as such, since the Class of '46 will mostly be living in Houses, and so will be included in the House albums. Also Freshmen will be on the Album board, which will produce both the Register in the fall, and the Album in the spring, including write-ups of Freshman activities.

To select the members of the Album board, and its executives, a sub-committee of the Student Council will be set up. This committee will submit a list of recommended Sophomores and Juniors to the retiring board, and a meeting will be called for all men interested in executive posts.

Board to Select Men

Subject to the concurrence of the Council's committee, the retiring board will select the men to take over for the coming year. The Freshman editors will be chosen in the same way that they are at present.