WAR LETS CRIMSON NETWORK REACH '46

For the first time in its short but active two-year history, the Crimson Radio Network will be able to reach the majority of the Freshman Class.

The student-run station's unique system of transmitting radio waves through the University's lighting cables has never been extended to the Yard, but since most of the incoming students will be living in the seven Houses, they will be able to pick up the Network at "800 on your dial" for programs ranging from classical music to ringside sports reporting.

No Freshmen will be permitted to try out for membership on the Network during the summer, but it is expected that regular competitions for posts on the announcing, programming, and technical staffs will be carried on during the Fall.

Freshmen will, nevertheless, have a chance to take part in Network programs during the summer. Already planned is a series of jam sessions in which Freshmen will be welcome to take part. Freshmen will also have the chance to be interviewed over the Network when station announcers conduct an all-day program at Memorial Hall on registration day.

During the summer the Network intends to broadcast two and one half hours per evening, four nights a week. Stress will be laid on classical music programs, to which an hour and twenty-five minutes will be devoted each evening.

The Network was born approximately three years ago on an unsuccessful heating-pipe arrangement. Its new electrical bookup has proved feasible, operating for two years from its Shepard Hall studio.