40 CADETS TAKE OATH IN STADIUM CEREMONY

Naval Fliers Enter Lexington Squadron

Forty men were inducted in the naval aviation branch of the service between the halves of the Harvard-North Carolina Pre-Flight game last Saturday to form the "First Lexington Squadron" ... The selectees will enter training and serve as a unit as part of the program commemorating the launching of the new carrier U.S.S. Lexington... Lieutenant Harold E. Williamson, recently commended for "courage, skill and endurance" during the Battle of the Coral Sea in which the old carrier was sunk, administered the each.

Len Cummings, substituting for the injured Don Forte, played a whale of a game, as did Charley Gudaitis, Jack Fisher, and Swede Anderson . . . Only Chapel Hill casualty was Most Landsberg, formerly wingback at Cornell ... Cummings did a job on the ex-Ithacan with a hard, high tackle which knocked him cold.

The Stadium was filled with Pennsylvania and Williams & Mary scouts ... They got an eyeful ... The first touchdown was scored by Gene Davis, who captained Pennsylvania last fall ... It was the second one of his career ... Sleepy Jim Crowley, coach of the Pre-Flight team, said that Harlow "would have a grand team this year ... Jack Comeford completed the only pass for the Crimson ... He is a Freshman, entering this September, and has yet to attend a class.