GROUP SPEAKS FOR FARM AID

Copeland Stresses Post-War Employment in Agriculture

"Farmers seek no special dispensations, but they must have the opportunity to farm efficiently without exploiting their soil, and at a fair remuneration," it was stated yesterday in a recommendation to Governor Leverett E. Saltonstall '14, President of the Board of Overseers, by the Subcommittee on Agricultural industry of the Massachusetts Committee on Post-War Readjustment.

Headed by Harvard's Melvin T. Copeland, professor of Marketing and Director of Research in the Graduate School of Business Administration, the Committee was appointed by the Governor in November, 1941, "to explore ways and means of avoiding a post-war depression."

With the expressed purpose of developing a program through which the farmers of the Commonwealth can be of maximum assistance in solving the employment problems of the State during demobilization, the Subcommittee states that an important part of the project must be "making agriculture attractive enough physically, financially, and socially so that young people of the proper sort may be encouraged to enter it."