DEBATERS FACE PRINCETON AND YALE ON PROBLEM OF POST-WAR FEDERATION

'44 Harvard-Yale-Princeton Debates to Be Held Tonight

One of the oldest of traditional debating rivalries will be renewed at 8 o'clock tonight with the holding of the annual Harvard-Yale-Princeton Triangular Debates. Harvard teams will compete here and at New Haven.

The question to be debated this year is: "Resolved, That the United States should aid in the formation of a post-war federal government of the United Nations." Taking the affirmative for Harvard against Princeton in the Lowell House Junior Common room will be Albert J. Marks, Jr. '47, Carl Tolf, NROTC, and Robin F. Worthington '47, with Arthur D. Sporn '47 as alternate.

The judges for the debate will include Dean Buck, Rafael Domos, associate professor of Philosophy, and David M. Little '13, Secretary to the University and Master of Adams House.

At the same time another team from the Debating Council, consisting of Leopold H. Haimson '45, Edwin J. Jacob '47, and Ellis Kaplan '46, with Ronald G. Newburgh '46 as alternate, will defend the negative position against Yale at New Haven.

Each year, from the income of a gift by T. Jefferson Coolidge '50, prizes of $100 each are offered to the two best speakers in the trial debates for the H-Y-P series.