Strong Melville Navy Unit Sinks Varsity Five, 47-34

Jaworski Shines for Motor Torpedo Team

After only the merest taste of victory last weekend, Coach Floyd Stahl's Crimson quintet went down to their eighth defeat of the campaign 47 to 34 Wednesday as they met a polished group of ball-handlers at Melville Motor Torpedo Boat S.T.C.

With three of his starting lineup still absent at game time, Stahl gave his squad a rapid inspection and selected Bob Chapple, Jack Noble, and Dave Mackintosh to fill the gaps. Captain Mike Keene moved over from his position at center to start the game at forward.   f.g.  f.t.  pts. Chapple, l.f.  1  0  2 Keene, r.f.  1  1  3 Johnson  3  1  7 Noble, c.  1  2  4 Clark  6  1  13 Mackintosh, l.g.  0  0  0 Collins  0  0  0 Wallace, r.g.  2  1  5   --  --  -- Totals  14  6  34

First Team Arrives

From the outset, defeat seemed in store for the Crimson. After ten minutes of play with the visitors already trailing the P.T. men, Stahl's regulars arrived on the scehe to rush into the fray with nary a practice shot. They started slow and never quite hit their stride all evening. Melville picked up a seven point advantage in the first two periods and keeping to their fast pace in the closing stanzas, nearly doubled their lead.

Easily the outstanding player on the court was Jaworski, ace Melville guard, who last year broke Hank Lusetti's scoring record. With only 11 markers Wednesday, Jaworski was forced to bow to Jack Clark of the Crimson for scoring honors, but the big guard's play marked him from the opening whistle as the boy to watch.

First Team Arrives