Eliot Crushes Kirkland and Winthrop; Eckenrath Dominates Intramural Play

Navy Juggeranaut on Loose; Adams Tops Lowell, 24 to 0

Eliot's omnipotent eleven, despite mud, injuries, and a stubborn Winthrop line, crushed the Puritans, 26 to 0, yesterday, following the 33 to 0 drubbing they gave Kirkland Tuesday. Only Lowell's hapless. Bellboys, beaten by Adams 24 to 0 Wednesday, stand between the sailors and the first half title of the intramural league.

Herb Eckenrath, hailed as the finest passer in college, hooked up with Pete Foley to give the R.O.T.C. team a strong aerial attack, supplemented by a running game sparked by Gene Brannigan, and the dynamic combination exploded to the tune of three touchdowns in the second half.

Meanwhile the big Eliot line stifled the Puritan attack and has kept its end zone unsullied for the whole season to date. With Backs Hy Brodgen and Bill Garrett and Guard John Wolf benched by injuries from Tuesday's clash, the Navy team was excusing itself after the game, for not running up a bigger score.

On Wednesday, Adams scored twice in the first period over badly battered Lowell and went on to win easily, adding scores in the third and fourth quarters. Harry Booth and Dowey Archambeault paced the small Gold Coast squad, and the Bellboys' futile offense got nowhere against the victors' line. Joe Cannon provided some spark but the cellar-dwelling eleven never caught fire and were never in the game.

It was Eckernrath to Foley again as the sailors ran wild Tuesday; striking through the air or on the ground with equal effectiveness, the heavily favored powerhouse scored almost at will and Kirkland was helpless. The Navy juggernaut's running attack was by John Broyee and the 33 to 0 score testifies as to its strength. HOUSE STANDINGS   Won  Lost Eliot  3  0 Adams  2  1 Kirkland  1  1 Winthrop  1  2 Lowell  0  3