Adams, Lowell in War Bond Drives

Eliot V-12's Assist Civilians In Soliciting Blood Pledges

With the advent this week of the Seventh War Loan Drive, undergraduates here and conducting their own intensive war service campaign in an effort to augment the College contribution in blood donations, war bond sales, and collections of old clothing.

In order to stimulate greater student participation in blood donations to the Red Cross, the war services committees in both Adams and Lowell House are conducting door-to-door drives. A keen rivalry is brewing to determine the greater contributor. In Eliot House a drive to enlist Navy blood donations will begin sometime this week, although strict physical requirements have been set up by the Navy doctors.

Bonds and Stamps Sold in Houses

War bonds and stamps are being sold in the two civilian Houses, with 100 percent student and faculty participation the goal. Lowell House, with a goal of five thousand dollars, has already sold $100 in bonds and $75 in stamps to some twenty percent of the House, with $550 more pledged. Adams House reports sales of $125 in bonds and $50 in stamps, after one week of the drive, which ends June 1. In Eliot House all sales are handled through payroll deductions.

In a new drive to collect old clothes for the needy, the two Houses are beginning to cooperate with the Eliot House Committee, which will soon launch a drive to collect old clothes from the men in the V-12 and NROTC unit.