Rodis Ready for Action, Lazzaro Unhurt

Feinberg Also in Good Shape, But Doctors Confine Kenary To Situps; Morale Climbing

By Stephen N. Cady

First-string guard Nick Rodis, horsde combat since the Western Maryland game, was running with the Varsity A team yesterday, and although he will be used sparingly in contact work this week, it is likely that he will start against Dartmouth Saturday.

This was only one of the reasons why the spirit was high at the enclosed practice field yesterday. The Virginia scar was healing fast after the Crimson's comeback performance in the Stadium last Saturday, and most of the men bruised in that game were either fully recovered or mending quickly.

Lazzaro, Feinberg Recovered

Fullback Paul Lazzaro, who was carried from the field unconscious, appeared to have his usual zip yesterday as the A, and B squads practiced passing offense against the Jayvees. And Jim Feinberg, battling for a regular starting berth at guard, was fully recovered from a knock in the head.

Howie Houston, also shaken up Saturday, took a day off yesterday, and Johnny Florentino and Jim Noonan were kept from practice by labs. Passing threat Jim Kenary, injured in the Virginia ambush, appeared in uniform yesterday but was restricted to calisthenics with trainer Cox. The question of whether he will be ready for the Big Green is still nebulous.

Dismissed Early

The Varsity polished both offense and defense yesterday. First, the Freshmen, who had plenty of chance to familiarize themselves with the Indian plays last Saturday at Hanover, ran the Dartmouth T against the Varsity; then the A and "B" units took turns using pass offense against the Jayvees.

In line with the "go easy" order of the day, most of the regulars were sent to the Dillon showers around 5 o'clock. A mixed B and C team stayed out under the lights for another hour hammering away at the Jayvee line.

Yesterday's A squad lineup: le, Coulson; lt, Pierce; lg, Rodis; e, Glynn; rg, Drvaric; rt, Goresynski; re, Hill; qb, O'Donnell; lhb, Moffle; rhb, Gannon; fb, Lazzaro.