Soccer Team Edges Engineers, 2-1

Estin Boots in Crimson Scores

After presenting an alert M.I.T. team with the tying goal half way through the third period, the Varsity soccer team rallied to eke out a 2 to 1 win in the cloning minutes of the last yeriod yesterday afternoon on Tech's vest-pocket field. Hans Estin, a new center forward, scored both goals for Harvard.

Poley Guyda's Freshman soccer team slid to a 2 to 1 overtime victory over Andover yesterday afternoon on Andover's rain-soaked soccer field.

In unexpectedly good condition for an M.I.T. team, the Engineers played a coordinated passing attack and in the early part of the last stanza seriously threatened to penetrate the disorganized Crimson defense and upset the favored Varsity. After center halfback Dave Ogden had blasted the ball far out of bounds, the Crimson settled down and thereafter controlled the ball.

After an indecisive first period Estin opened the game's scoring in 2:30 of the second frame when he booted one into the corner of the nets on a pass from his right halfback, Don Louria.

M.I.T. Gets Penalty Kick

Two periods later M.I.T. scored on a penalty kick. But as darkness fell, Estin got his second goal of the afternoon when he cracked the ball in from a mixup off to the right of the Tech goal.

Albert Wolf, booted a goal in from his left wing position in 2:30 of the first overtime period to save the Crimson Yardlings' unbeaten record and beat Andover by a 2 to 1 score. Jim Gabler, Freshman center-half and captain, scored the first goal of the game but Andover evened the game in 8:30 of the third period.

The Varsity starting lineup; Batch-elder, g; Scully, lf; Burrowes, fr; Mavor (capt.), rh; Ogden, ch; Louria, lh; Heisler, ro; Potter, ri; Estin, cf; Chun, li; Dawson, lo. Substitutes; Spivak, Blanco, and Aguirre.