Council Opens Doors to All Tonight; Hours, 7-Week Grades May Face Ax

Students Urged to Take Part in Debate

Adopting a "come one, come all" attitude for the first time this term, the Student Council will open its doors to all students when it convenes in the Adams House Lower Common Room tonight at 7:30 o'clock for an open meeting.

Actually all Council meetings are upon in nature, as men interested in various topics on the agenda are invited to sit in on the discussions However, a clause in the Council's now constitution requires one open meeting per tern, and tonight all are urged to take part in the discussion and bring up questions from the floor. The meeting has been cut to an hour but still constitutes the Council's regular weekly session.

Will Discuss Paul Report

In addition to its regular business, the Council agenda includes consideration and discussion of the suggestions recently submitted by a committee headed by Daniel P. S. Paul '46 3L. These call for a complete revision of class elections, Class Day ceremonies, undergraduate activities, and Album procedures.

Michael Rothenberg '50 will present the Council's first report on international activities, including placement of foreign exchange program, and the University's affiliation with NSA.

A preliminary hearing on the advisability of abolishing exams in the spring term will be included, with special consideration to the present requirement of seven-weeks grades.