Smoker Election Clinches Lively Campaign

Yardlings and commuters of the Class of 1951 cast 774 ballots yesterday to elect eight men to their smoker committee in what John H. Carnahan '50, chairman of the Council Freshman Affairs Committee, termed "the most orderly and efficient election I have seen in the Union."

The eight men were selected from a ballot of 32 names. They will hold their first meeting tonight in the Union to lay plans for the spring celebration.

The men elected were: Raymond Grew of Spokane, Washington, and Hollis Hall; Thomas Whieney Grossman of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Thayer Hall; Richard Brydon Hansen of Chicago and Massachusetts Hall; Sherrill Houghton Houston of New Canaau, Connecticut, and Thayer Hall.

Ralph Waverly Judd of Yakima, Washington, and Thayer Hall; Louis Solomon of New York City and Thayer Hall; Alan Sweetser of Washington and Weld Hall; Robert Walter Tolf II of Park Ridge, Illinois, and Thayer Hall.

Political wiscaeres attributed the election of Houston and Grossman to the partisanship of Sally Keith.