60 Students Plan Branch of NSO at Smith Conference

Sixty representatives of 51,000 Massachusetts college and university students gathered at Smith College over the weekend and took another long stride toward formation of a National Student Organization by setting up a regional branch of the N. S. O.

With an eye to the rapidly-appreaching Executive meetings in Chicago this month at which plans for a N. S. O. draft constitution will be formulated, the conferees, briefed by Miss Miriam Haskell of Smith, Massachusetts regional representative to the coming meetings, on their opinions of the issues that will be discussed.

The conference met the problem of finance by passing a motion requesting each college in the organization to raise eight cents per student to cover expenses incurred by the national and regional groups. Part of this fund will be channeled to the Student Council Committee on International Student Affairs, which is publishing a nation-wide International Student Activities Bulletin.

A decision to hold the projected N. S. O. Constitutional Congress late in the summer was also reached by the delegates.