Campbell, Kuhn Step Down as Houses Nominates; Hanford Approves Solicitation for Famine Relief

Dunster, Kirkland, Leverett Lowell Choose Candidates; Final House Meeting Today

President Levin H. Campbell, 3rd '48 and Treasurer Roger S. Kuhn '46 of the Student Council announced their resignations last night as quorums convened in Dunster, Kirkland, Leverett and Lowell, in the second night of a College-wide series of Council nomination meetings.

"A situation unique in Council history was set up by the expiration of our term as members, but not as officers of the Student Council," Campbell said last night. With the post war organization well back on its feet and the new elective system operating smoothly, Kuhn and I both feel that now is the most propitious and graceful time to resign," he added. The resignations will become effective immediately after the new Council elections, slated two weeks hence.

Dunster's Turnout Best

Meanwhile in the nomination meetings, Dunster House proved the most interested in the revised election procedure, turning out 143 members strong, well over the quorum mark.

Employing the same tactics as those used at the Winthrop House assembly Monday night, Kirkland, Leverett, and Lowell House members rounded up fellow dwellers until quorums were attained.

Dudley Hall's commuters will gather this afternoon at 2:30 o'clock, with Adams and Eliot Houses MEETING tonight at 7:30 o'clock to wind up the nomination schedule.

Petitions of nominees will be placed in all House dining halls, with 20 signatures needed to confirm nominations. Elections are slated for the first week in March.