Wrestlers Follow Wesleyan Pattern To Top Springfield, 21-11, in Finale

Winning exactly the same classes as they took against Wesleyan on Wednesday, the Varsity wrestling team won its last dual meet of the year against a mediocre squad from Springfield College last Saturday in the Blockhouse. Behind at the end of the 155-pound bout, the Crimson swept the last three weights to rack up the match by a 21 to 11 margin.

Freshman Howie Houston, who took over the unlimited position for the Varsity from Pete Fuller for this meet, softened up beefy 230-pound Moe Mulvancy of Spring-field for two periods and then pinned him in 2:06 of the third period with a body press to clinch the meet. Houston's excellent performance assures the Varsity of standout heavies for years to come.

In the 136-pound class Frank Trinkle got a freakish pin over the Springfield captain Charles Adams when he caught Adams in an armlock and waisthold on a takedown a 1:16 of the first period. Captain Don Louria got the other Crimson fall in 2:56 of the first frame with a cruciflx hold.

Pat Bowditch won a decisive 11 to 5 bout from Tom Daniels of Springfield in the 128-pound class while Bob Claftin got a decision for Harvard in the 175-pound class by a 4 to 2 margin. Dave Cole pinned Bill Binemel of the Crimson with four seconds left in the match with an armlock.

In the 145-pound class Red Cassady lost an 8 to 5 overtime decision to Scot Maynes of Springfield while at the class above Jim Conant showed promise but lost a 6 to 4 bout.