Local League Hits Club 100 Racial Policy

Cambridge Civic Unity Group Endorses Student Position, Plans Cooperative Activity

After an hour-long meeting with the University-wide Committee on Discrimination and another hour of executive session, the Cambridge Civic Unity League last night declared themselves to be solidly behind the sentiment of the Club 100 protest.

The group promised that some form of action would be forthcoming, but specified only that they were at the present time "considering the most beneficial" method of operation against the Club 100. A second meeting, to elaborate certain preliminary lines laid down last night, has been scheduled for later in the week.

Management 'Worried'

The expression of support came after a delegation of about 15 members, headed by Thaxter Swan '45, appeared at 5 o'clock yesterday afternoon in the City Hall rooms of the Civic Unity Committee and outlined the action taken to date on the Club 100 case. The statement described the incident, the institution, of the boycott, and the eventual beginning, last week, of the picket lines.

Considerable encouragement on efficiency of the boycott was afforded the University Committee when they heard members of the Cambridge group declare that the management of the Club 100 was definitely "worried" by the boycott and picketing.