Kirkland Only House to Pick Council Candidates

Adams Must Use Petitions to Nominate, as Only Half of Quorum Appears at Meeting

Kirkland House was the only group to achieve a quorum as a tri-day series of College-wide nomination meetings for House representatives to the Student Council got under way last night.

In Adams House 43 residents, less than half the number required, turned out, while Winthrop House and commuters center Dudley Hall were re-scheduled for today and tomorrow respectively.

"Nominations from Adams House, under the new Council constitution, will be made now by petitions, with 20 signatures needed, and by a House committee consisting of the present Council delegate, three members of the House committee, and three members appointed by the House Master," Richard G. Axt '46, Council president, announced last night.

Axt Asks for Interest

"The Council hopes that the short interval of time between the special elections held two months ago and these, the first regular elections, won't distract from interest in the Houses," Axt said.

"Since these electees will serve until June, 1948, it is much more vital that the Houses get quorums at the meetings in the next two days than at those held last February," he added.

At Kirkland House 93 members met to nominate the following men as their Council representative next year:

Norman H. Brooks '49, Lynn W. Eley '50, Joseph D. Everingham '49, Robert L. Fischelis '50, and Buel S. Smith '49. Everingham is the present Council member from Kirkland House.

Dunster, Eliot, Leverett, and Winthrop Houses will hold nomination meetings tonight at 7 o'clock in their Common Rooms, commuters will gather in Dudley Hall tomorrow noon at 1:15 o'clock, and Lowell House will wind up to series tomorrow night at 7 o'clock.

House elections to the '48 Student Council will be held April 24, with Class voting slated April 29.