U.N. Delegate to Speak on Human Rights at Parley

Delegates from the Harvard Chapter of the International Student Association will join college students throughout greater Boston today in the Eighth Annual Spring Conference of the association, which will feature a keynote address by P. C. Chang, Chinese delegate to the United Nations, on "The U. N. and Human Rights."

Simmons College will play host to the all-day conference, which opens in the early afternoon with a series of round table discussions on specific aspects of the minority problem.

Chang, formerly a visiting professor at American and British universities and one-time Chinese minister to Turkey and Chile, will base his speech upon the wide knowledge of the problems of minorities which won him the vice-chairmanship of the U. N. Commission on Human Rights. Eleanor Roosevelt, chairman of the commission, has worked closely with the Chinese delegate on this important phase of U. N. activities.

Opening the group of round table discussions which make up the afternoon session of the annual conference, Professor George de Santillana of M.I.T. will conduct a panel on "The Rights of Workers, Farmers, and Peasants." Also slated are panels on "The Rights of Minorities, Races, and Colonials," led by R. H. Markham, staff writer for the Christian Science Monitor, and "The Rights of the Individual, and Elevation of the Status of Women and Children," conducted by M. Margaret Ball of the Wellesley College faculty.