Wallace Talk Will Inaugurate Series Of AVC Forums

Former Vice-President Henry A. Wallace is scheduled to open a series of AVC-sponsored forums at the University on Wednesday, October 1, at 8:30 o' clock, Stanley G. Karson '48, Harvard AVC chapter president, announced last night.

"If the 500 tickets sold at Registration are any example of the interest in this series, we may use the baseball diamond at Soldiers' Field whose bleachers hold over 7500," Karson said.

Other Leaders Invited

With Harold Stassen, Senator Wayne Morris, Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt, and General Dwight Eisenbower among the future speakers invited, the series has been planned to raise money for the Evens Carlson Memorial Fund. Seventy-five percent of the profits will be utilized "to promote international exchange of students."

Established in honor of the famed wartime leader of "Carlson's Raiders" who died last June, the fund is being initiated in this country by AVC's local chapter. The Paris chapter has already raised considerable money, according to foreign reports.

At present, the national AVC office has been asked to consider the fund as a nation-wide project.

"No Endorsement"

"The appearance of any speaker in an AVC forum does not constitute an endorsement of his views by the Harvard Chapter. AVC, as a non-partisan organization, is putting on this series as a public service presenting varying viewpoints," Karson announced.

In case of rain, Karson said Wallace would probably speak from Sanders Theatre, with sound effects piped into both Memorial and the New Lecture Halls. Later Wallace would appear briefly in the latter places.