Bingham Mum as Machinery Works To Replace Coach

Who will coach the Crimson eleven next fall, now that Dick Harlow has resigned, is a very good question right now. The man who will make the choice--Bill Bingham--and all leading candidates are in New York attending the annual N.C.A.A. meeting and will not be home for consultation until next week at the earliest.

William J. Bingham '16, director of the Harvard Athletic Association, said:

"You can rest assured that nobody has the inside track on it right now," said college publicity director Arthur Sampson at 3:45 o'clock this afternoon. "Up till this morning Bingham hadn't even thought about it, and he won't be back from New York for 10 days anyway," Sampson continued.

Boston correspondents, nevertheless, made full use this afternoon of their right to free speculation. The Record's leading blaster, Dave Egan, pointed his prophetic pen at 32-year of "Biff" Glassford of New Hampshire University, "one of the greatest young coaches in the country." In two years, Glassford has lost only one game, the recent Glass Bowl contest in Toledo.

Sampson revealed that the new coach will receive a maximum salary of $10,000, the same as Harlow's and that the choice will be made before March 1