Straus, Hollis Tie For First Place In Yard Football

Straus and Hollis took over the number one spot in the Yard football National league yesterday by racking up their second straight wins. Thayer "Middle" pulled the same trick in the American circuit to clinch the top spot for that division.

Paced by backs Bill Borah and Hugh Raphael, and end Louie Garelick, Straus downed Weld South 18 to 0. Borah and Raphael both tossed touchdown aerials by hitting Fran McCoy and Garelick respectively.

Hollis climbed into a first place tie with Straus by defeating Thayer South by the count of 18 to 0. Back Isaacson completed two touchdown passes, one to Sperber and another to Walker.

Thayer North Wins

Scoring on a pitch-out pass from Bloch to Ross to Edelstein, Thayer North eked out a close 6 to 0 victory over Matthews North.

In the American League, Thayer "Middle" took over first place, with a decisive 30 to 0 win over Wigglesworth E--K. Back Tom Rogers starred for the victors by connecting three touchdown passes, two to Murphy and one to Lovely. Murphy also scored again on a pass from Smith, while Lovely heaved a six-pointer to Anderson.

Stoughton, led by back Tyrnin who intercepted a pass and ran for the score, defeated Matthews South 12 to 6.

Mower ended up in their second consecutive tie, this time with Weld North 6 to 6.