Alumni Brochure Definite as Fund Drive Tops Goal

Forty thousand alumni will receive a brochure opposing the Saltonstall Committee's recommendation of a plaque as the University's World War II memorial within two weeks.

More than $1435, well over the minimum goal, has been raised to pay for the pamphlet, it was announced last night by the Student Council, the eight House Committee, and the Crimson Key Society. The three groups have been sponsoring the fund drive for the brochure, which will be written by the Alumni Committee for a Student Activities Center.

Glee Club Chips in $100

The Glee Club chipped in late last night with $100, the second largest contribution from an undergraduate organization. (The Council started the campaign off with a $250 donation.) Other groups adding their names to the donor's list yesterday were Hillel and the Photographic Society.

The pamphlet is scheduled to hit the Cambridge Post Office on Monday, November 8. Printing is being rushed so that alumni reaction will reach the November 19 meeting of the Associated Harvard Clubs' executive board.