Debate Council Falters as Yale Sweeps Election Talks

College debaters lost unanimous decisions to Yale on two fronts yesterday. Arguing the question, "Should Truman Be Re-Elected," the Crimson supported Dewey and-took a 3-0 count in the Winthrop Junior Common Room. At Yale, another team lost by the same count while defending the President.

Peter H. Clayton '50, Lucian C. Parlato '50, and Arthur W. Purcell '50 made up the College team here. They argued that there was little difference between the two parties, that Truman couldn't bring unity, and that the Democratic had broken up.

Yale countered that Truman stands for progressive ideas and said Dewey would from "the wrong kind of unity."

At New Haven, William H. Righter '49, Richard D. Rohr '48, and Sedgwick W. Green '50 represented the College. They pointed out that the country was in good shape and that many of Truman's errors may be laid to the Eightieth Congress.

Yale centered its arguments on Dewey's administrative efficiency.

Three men from the Government Department--Assistant Professor Charles R. Cherington, Robert G. McCloskey, and Romylos C. Macridis--judged the contest here.