Unbeaten Big Red May Prove Stiff Test For Crimson

Cornell's football coach George "Lofty" James claims he has more players in the whirlbaths recovering from injuries than he has on the practice field, but you'd never know it from the way the Big Red has been acting up the past two Saturdays.

After walloping NYU by six touch-downs in the opener, Cornell upset Navy last week 13-7 at Baltimore and now appears capable of making plenty of trouble for the Crimson this Saturday at Ithaca.

Sophomores Prominent

Like Dartmouth, the Big Red is studded with sophomores. Outstanding among these is 190-pound Jon Fleischmann, considered the best sophomore prospect to hit Ithaca in 10 years. He plunged over for both scores last week against the Navy. The man who set up Cornell's second touchdown with two passes and a 16-yard run is quarterback Lynn Barset. All he did last year against Princeton was throw four touchdown passes. Frank Miller, of Atlanta, reeled off a 49-yard broken-field run last Saturday. He's the wingback.

The rest of the Cornell team has Harry Cassel and Jack Rogers at the ends, Dick Clark and Jim Casey as tackles, captain Joe Quinn and John Paul Jaso at guards, and John Pierik over the ball; with Dorset, Miller, and Fleischmann in the backfield will be Hillary Chollet, of basketball fame. Bob Dean and Paul Girolame will alternate with Dorset and Miller.