Peabody Leads 'Save ERP' Rally in March

Committee Promises Loud Demonstration

"Spectacular" demonstration of University sentiment in the shape of a full-scale puplic rally early in March will climax the program of the new Harvard-Radcliffe Committee to Save the Marshall Plan, student chairman Vincent P. Moravec '50 announced last night.

Endicott "Chub" 41 2L, former Crimson All-American guard, has accepted leadership of the rally and promises to make it "the decade's loudest expression of civic interest in Cambridge." The final slate of speakers and definite date will be announced next week, Moravec said.

Dean Wild Assumes Office

Moravec added that Dean Payson S. Wild of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences agreed yesterday to serve as Faculty co-chairman of the overall effort.

Special subcommittees on public relations, New England liaison, and the projected rally will work under the 11-man executive committee elected by 47 student and faculty leaders at last Thursday's organizational meeting.

Help National Groups

Executive committee secretary Daniel Yankelwitz 1G asserted yesterday that he had cleared letters to key individuals in over 100 colleges and universities n New England urging formation of "Save the Marshall Plan" drives throughout the area along the lines of the attempt here.

He said the New England Committee for the Marshal Plan, regional affiliate of the national body headed by Henry L. Stimson, was aiding in the contacting of other schools and had also pledged financial help in the connection.

Send Letters

Moravec explained last night that letters outlining six major principles necessary to "Save the Marshall Plan" had been mailed to a large group of Faculty and students in a round-up of sponsors for the rally. The list of those supporting the platform will be released shortly.

Stressing that the European Recovery Program must be approached in a "positive spirit," the six-point manifesto goes on to cite the tenets of "reconstruction not relief," "no political conditions," "use of U.N. facilities," "non-partisan support," and "a two-way venture with the Continent."