Radcliffe Athletes Find A.A. Key to Visitor Problems

Crimson hospitality received a slap in the face from the direction of the Radcliffe Quadrangle yesterday whence came reports that even the 'Cliffedwellers for years have had an unofficial "Cherry Key" to entertain their visiting athletes and have been doing quite nicely, thank you.

Both Joan Projansky, Radcliffe '49, president of the Athletic Association, and Sue Ehrentheil, Radcliffe '48, Student Government head, echoed the sentiment that the present system, whereby the A.A. delegates hostesses, usually members of the competing teams themselves, to see that visiting aggregations are made comfortable during their Cambridge sojourn, is efficient.

The difference between men's and women's sporting events is reason enough, the 'Cliffedwellers declared, not to make any so-called official "Cherry Key" society worthwhile.

Overnight Guosts

According to Miss Ehrentheil, the A.A. serves orange juice, cookies, tea, and sundry other goodies to 'Cliffe opponents during games and has even been known to come through with sleeping accommodations.

The system is "adequate," claimed Miss Ehrentheil, who would not comment on how it felt to serve refreshments to an opponent who is 10 or 15 points ahead in a crucial basketball or field hockey game.

While the newly-formed "Crimson Key" here will, among other things, provide dance tickets and, possibly, dates, for visiting athletes, the 'Cliffe A.A. chief is confident that her guests need no such arrangements, for "they do well shopping around for themselves."