Council Elects Weeks President, Adopts Revised Class Affairs Plan

Approves Paul Report

Total revision and codification of all undergraduate class affairs came last night from the Student Council, when it put into effect the two-month-old report of the Special Student Council Committee on Class Affairs.

The Council will ask the University to implement the new legislation in four ways:

1) Releasing purveyor lists to the 1947-48 and subsequent Albums.

2) Underwriting Class Day ceremonies.

3) Floating a $6000 loan to Albums showing a deficit.

4) Authorizing payment for Albums on term bills.

Under the regulations, eight-man Sophomore and Junior Class Committees will come into existence "to encourage class unity and fellowship." Elections for these groups will be held in the early fully of each year.

Organizes Class Step-up

"This action represents the first attempt to adjust the Class system into an organized framework," Daniel P. S. Paul '46 3L, chairman of the Special Committee commented last night.

Other provisions include procedure for nomination, election, and organization of Permanent Class and Class Day Committees, formalizations of Class Day ceremonies, and creation of a temporary Album Committee.

In addition to Paul, other members of the drafting group were Robert S. Leventhal '48, Thomas R. Morse '48, John W. McNultp '48, and Thomas L. P. O'Donnell '47 3L.