Idler's Twin Bill for Spring Offers American Premiere

Two one-act plays-one of which makes its American debut on the Agassiz House stage-share twin billing in the spring program lined up by Radcliffe's Idler Players. Patricia Troxell '49, president of the Annex experimental theater group, announced this week that Tennessee Williams' "Lord Byron's Love Letter" and Christopher Fay's "Phoenix Too Frequent" will be produced at the Annex next month.

Performances will take place in the Agassiz Theatre on the evenings of April 7, 8, 9, and 10, and at a matinee on the afternoon of April 10. Proceeds from the matinee showing will be turned over to the NSA-sponsored Riviera camp for French waifs.

Casting of both plays opened Monday afternoon for Harvard and Radcliffe aspirants.

The 'Cliffe presentation of Fry's "Phoenix Too Frequent" is a trial run of the London hit which Broadway producer Margaret Webster plans to produce in New York next fall. Miss Webster's former assistant, Florida Frebus, now an independent producer, will come to Cambridge next month to coach the cast and gauge audience reactions.

Weekly play-reading and an informal workshop production, the other items on this term's program, will keep benched Idler actresses in form.