VA Orders Grad School Commuter Veterans to Check in Once a Month

There were some new chapters in the old story for veterans who registered yesterday at Memorial Hall.

Among other departures from the hitherto routine provisions of Public Laws 346 and 16, the Veterans Administration has a new stipulation that all vets in the University with the prominent exception of undergraduates living in the College dormitories, sign attendance reports once a month during the academic year.

Under the new requirement, all College commuters will have to report at Weld Hall between the tenth and twentieth of each month, starting with November. The graduate schools have their own places and dates for the attendance registration.

The new "Veterans' Bulletin No.10," which was distributed to all vets at registration, also makes explicit provisions for students whose eligibility time runs out before the end of the year. For this group, the Veterans Administration will complete the term in tuition and subsistence allotments if the student's eligibility time expires more than half-way through the term. If his time expires exactly half-way, or less, the VA will pay only up to the expiration date.

Under the new rules, old book cards, hitherto renewed each term, are now void. New cards will be issued only to those veterans who have excess eligibility time which apply to tuition and books.