High-Flying Hockey Team Meets Northeastern at Arena Tonight

Comparative Scores Give Crimson Edge

By Donald Carswell

Local hockey fan will have a chance to see the team that beat Dartmouth tonight at the Arena when the varsity sextet faces off against Northeastern. It will be the last game for the team until after exam period.

For the first time in over a month the hockey team will be favored. The Crimson's choice by the odds-makers is due, first to the Dartmouth win, second to an observation of comparative scores, and third to the greater personnel strength of Harvard. In addition, the Northeastern squad had a game against B.U. last night, and could conceivably be slowed down as a result of that contest.

Good First Line

But the Huskies have a strong first line and a good defense. Their outstanding star is first line center Jimmy Bell, who always seems to score two or more goals whether the opposition be Boston College or M.I.T. All New England forward Bell is flanked by Jim Reld and Dave MacKensie, a pair of better than average wings.

The Northeastern first defense boasts the Husky captain Deke Korrivan and Frank Bell, both veterans of New England League play.

Unimpressive Record

The Huskies have a 2-3 record thus far in the New England League, with one of their wins coming against M.I.T. and two of their losses against Boston University (a team which edged the Crimson 6-4 in the season's opener). B.U. whipped the Huskies 7 to 4 in a close game three weeks ago and 6 to 3 last night.

Game time is 9 p.m.

The probable starting lineup: HARVARD    NORTHEASTERN Clark  g  Howell Greeley  ld  F. Bell Carman  rd  Kerivan D. Key  c  J. Bell Coulter  lw  Reid Garrity  rw  Mackenzie