Second 1949 Rally Features Coaches, Houston, and Band

Scho. Jordan Will Substitute For Absent Valpey; March to Blockhouse Led by Musicians

The Princeton weekend will open officially at 7:15 p.m. tonight with the second rally of the 1949 football season.

At that time, the band will leave the Yard and march over the traditional route down Holyoke, Mt. Auburn, and Mill streets, past the Houses, to the steps of the Indoor Athletic Building. Because of Saturday hour exams, the Band's ranks will be somewhat depleted, but at lest 50 members have agreed to take part in the demonstration.

Art Valpey and Bill Bingham will be attending a coaches' conference tonight, and consequently will be unable to appear. Cheerleader Roger L. Butler '51, who is master ceremonies for the rally, will try to get a statement from Valpey to read to the crowd.

Between cheers and band numbers there will be speeches by line-coach Butch Jordan, backfield coach Steve Sebo, varsity trainer Jimmy Cox, and Captain Howie Houston.

The cheerleaders, who have been developing their tumbling skills for the past three weeks in a private gymnasium, have been forbidden to put on a demonstration between the halves on Saturday, because it "detractsz from the band." They will show off their new routines at the quarters.