NSA Will Meet To Describe Program of Summer Tours

Men interested in going abroad this summer will meet in the Lamont Forum Room at 4:30 p.m. today to hear Miss Helen Bryan, Executive Secretary in Charge of International Tours for NSA, outline NSA Foreign Tours.

Also speaking at the meeting will be Richard M. Sandler '52, who will give a short summary of the NSA trip he took last summer. After their talks, Miss Bryan and Sandler will answer questions concerning the 1950 tours.

20 Tours

The NSA offers 20 summers tours this years, visiting England, France, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Bavaria, Czechoslovakia, Germany, Yugoslavia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Hungary, Poland, Denmark, Scotland, Austria, the Middle East, and Latin American.

The program for each tour is arranged by students from the countries visited, who will travel with the participants and conduct the tours. Free time is included in every trip in order to permit the travelers to see and do whatever they want.

Three Main Types

This summer's tours are of three main types: Study tours will travel in groups of between 25 and 70 and will visit European countries to study their social conditions and culture. Workcamps and workcamp tours will be in operation for those who wish to lessen the expenses of going abroad. Summer study seminars are also organized to permit students to study in schools on the continent.

Most of the tours will leave Quebec about July 1 and return to New York about September 10. Participants must be selected through individual screening by NSA. Although most of the tours will leave the U.S. by students chartered ships, some tours will travel by air.