Sextet Faces MIT at Arena Today

Garrity's Return Will Strengthen Chance For Series Sweep

John Chase's Crimson hockey players perform their first matinee of the present season when they take on MIT's weak sextet this afternoon at the Arena. Faceoff in at 4 p. m.

The varsity is expected to win easily and thereby make a clean sweep of the two-game series with the Engineers. In a December 4 engagement, the Crimson won, 16 to 8, after scoring three times in the first five minutes.

Since December the experts say that the Crimson has shown far greater relative improvement than any other hockey team around, but at the same time the Engineers have gained. Limited as to material and practice time, MIT has consistently been a fighting unit and has played several very close games against stronger rivals. Monday night the Engineers held Brown to a slim 5 to 4 victory.

Garrity Expected

Bill Garrity will probably return to his right wing position on the first line, thereby putting the Crimson back at full strength. Garrity aggravated his broken toe in the Dartmouth game and didn't play at Princeton over the weekend.

The team will be further strengthened if Doug Anderson's sprained ankle heals enough to allow him to play the entire game. The cast over the third line wing's broken wrist doesn't bother his playing, but the ankle injury, sustained in the Dartmouth game, kept him on the bench during most of the Princeton game.