Government Control Poses Question for 4th Law Forum

A Senator, a Representative, and a sixtime Presidential candidate will discuss government regulation of the economy in the fourth Law School Forum of the term, to be held at 8 p.m. tonight in the Rindge Tech auditorium.

Norman Thomas, Representative John F. Kennedy '40, and Senator Owen Brewster will be the speakers while Seymour E. Harris '20, professor of Economics, will moderate.

As a member of the Senate Committee on Finances and on Inter-state and Foreign Commerce, and as chairman of the Special Committee to Investigate the National Defense Program, Brewster has constantly had to deal with problems arising between government and business. Since his graduation from the Law school in 1913, the second-term Republican senator from Maine has led an active life as a lawyer as well as a politician.

Kenney is Cambridge Representative

Thirty-two-year-old Kennedy represents the eleventh Massachusetts district in the lower house of Congress where he serves on the House Committee for Education and Labor. The son of Joseph P. Kennedy '12, former Chairman of the Securities Exchange Commission and one-time ambassador to England, the Representative covered the victorious campaign and election of the Labor Party in England for the International News Service.

Thomas is well known as a writer and lecturer as well as the perennial Presidential candidate for the Socials Party in every election since 1928. He will also address the HLU in Winthrop House at 3 p.m. today.