Second Band Album to Go On Sale Today

Entitled 'Half Time,' Includes 'Wintergreen' and Medleys; To Be Sold in Houses, Union

Wintergreen for President" is the featured item in the Harvard band's second album, "Half Time," which goes on sale in the House dining halls and at the Union today.

The album also contains four college medleys, completing the series begun in the band's "Ivy League Album" two years ago, and three Harvard tunes.

"Brown Medley," Columbia Medley," and a new medley of Yale songs, "Serenade for the Blue," all arranged by a former bandsman, John Finnegan '47, were played for the first time last fall.

Anderson Arrangements Featured

"Cornell Medley," written in 1937, is the work of F. Leroy Anderson '29, well known as the arranger of "Wintergreen" and other band music.

Two of the other three pieces in the new album, "Harvard's Day," by Harrie Dadmun '17, and "Soldiers Field," by Richard K. Fletcher '08, are also Anderson arrangements. The third, "Tercentenaria," is his own composition. It was written for the College's three hundredth anniversary in 1936 and first performed on a barge in the middle of the Charles.

The band made the recordings, which cover three vinylite records, that December in Symphony Hall, under the direction of Malcolm H. Holmes '28.