University Announces Prizes Presented to Five Students

A scholarship, three prizes, and a fellowship, including awards to five undergraduate and graduate students, were announced yesterday by the University. Paul L. Wright '49, chairman of the United Nations Council at Harvard, and George W. Martin, Jr. '48, received the Frank Knox Fellowship and the Charles Henry Fiske III Scholarship, respec-

For his essay "The Virtuous Vizor of Richard III," Raymond Joel Dorius 6G was awarded the Winthrop Sargent Prize, while the first and second Susan Anthony Potter Prizes went to Walter Adolph Strauss 2G, and Aniel Phillippe Van Teslaar 2G in that order. Strauss wrote "Albert Camus 'Caligula: Ancient Sources and Modern Parallels," and Van Ecslaar submitted an essay entitled "Dil-they and the Theory of Literature."

Wright, a resident of Euid, Oklahoma, represented the United States on the Security Council of the Intercollegiate Conference of the United Nations in 1948, and won the Coolidge Prize for Debating. The Knox Fellowship was established by the widow of the wartime Secretary of the Navy to provide for a year's study in any one of the nations of the British Commonwealth.

A major in English, Martin will go to Cambridge, England to study at the University of Cambridge. He lives in Wilton, Connecticut, and attended Groton before coming here.

The Winthrop Sargent prize, awarded for excellence in languages and literatures, will give Dorius a stipend of $150, while Strauss and Van Teslaar will receive $100 and $50 respectively from the Potter Prizes, given in the field of Comparative Literature.