Tennis Team opposes Penn, Williams; '52 Faces Alumni

Coach Barnaby's tennis team plays the University of Pennsylvania at Soldiers Field this afternoon and journeys to the Berkshires tomorrow to play Williams.

The Pennsylvania match should be fairly close with the crimson being the slight favorite. Pennsylvania has never been a strong power in tennis.

Williams Strong in Doubles

In the Williams match the main feature of the event should be the number one doubles match. The Williams doubles team of Ephriam Tutt and Charlie Johnson won the New England intercollegiate title in last Saturday's matches. Bud Ager and Ted Bullard, Harvard's first doubles counterparts have led the Crimson through two successful seasons.

The lineup for the Crimson in both matches will be the same as it was against MIT last Wednesday. Bud Agar, Ted Bullard, Charlie Ames, Hilliard Hughes, Jack Frey, and Howie Swartzman will take to the singles courts in that order.

Besides Ager an Bullard in the doubles the second and third teams will be made up of Hughes and Ames, and Jay Robb and Dave Key. Barnaby, as usual, plans to play his lower echelon doubles teams in both matches when and if the Crimson racks up a good lead.

Freshmen Play Alumni

Yardling efforts tomorrow will be to beating the informal alumni tennis team. The grads won the last time they faced an undergraduate team. The unfortunate part of the situation as far as the freshmen are concerned is that the team played at that time was the varsity. '52 is in for a licking.

The lineup will be the same as usual plus some additions to meet the number of grads that show up.