Kirkland Nine Tops Bunnies; Puritans Win

In the self-respecting House baseball game yesterday, Kirkland edged Leverett 6 to 5; in the other, Winthrop ridiculed Dunster, 20 to 4.

It was the last inning and the score said Kirkland 4. Leverett 4, when Deacon shortstop Jim Gabler and Deacon pitcher Ed Smith hit singles and then advanced to second and third respectively on steals. 'Another single, by Quint Stiles, scored Gabler.

Before Kirkland had used up its raps, they made another run and took a 6 to 4 lead. As Leverett came to bat Deacons Gabler and Smith changed positions.

Two Doubles

The Bunnies grabbed at their last chance, and doubles by whit Calkins and Fabe Bradbury drove in the fifth and last Leverett tally. Don Hare, of the Hutch, made the only other extra base bit of the game, a triple.

Winthrop scored ten runs in the first inning of the House baseball incident yesterday, and the Puritan second team scored ten runs in the rest.

In softball Adams downed Lowell, 2 to 0, and Dudley conquered Eliot, 7 to 4.

Dudley forfeited to Adams, and Kirkland forfeited to Eliot in tennis, while Leverett blanked Dunster, 5 to 0.

In golf Dudley forfeited to Lowell, and Dunster tied Eliot, 3 to 3. Adams defeated Leverett, 3 1/2 to 2 1/2, and Kirkland beat Winthrop, 5 1/2 to 1/2.