Plans Set for San Francisco AHC Meeting in September

Alumni from all over the nation will converge on San Francisco the weekend of September 11 for the annual meeting of the Associated Harvard Clubs.

AHC Secretary Archer O'Reilly, Jr. '29 announced this week near-complete plans for luncheons, speakers, outings, and a banquet to feature the alumni weekend which precedes by two weeks the Harvard-Stanford football game in Palo Alto.

The AHC program will open Friday, September 9, when, after morning registration, alumni will attend a luncheon with Dean Bender and an evening roundtable discussion with President Conant and Dean David of the Business School.

Deans-Speak

On Saturday special luncheons will follow the annual AHC business meeting. Provost Buck, Dean David, Dean Fair of the Engineering School, and vice-Dean Livingston Hall of the Law School will speak at special group luncheons devoted to General Education, Business, Engineering, Law, and Medicine. President Conant speaks at the banquet in the evening.

Wives Too

Not only alumni, but also alumni wives and undergraduates will be welcome at the AHC affairs, O'Reilly said. Ladies will be offered conducted tours of San Francisco.

O'Reilly explained that several factors made it impossible for both the meeting and the Stanford game to coincide. He mentioned that University personnel had to return to Cambridge a week before the reopening of College and that Ivy League practice regulations ruled out any earlier football game.