Housemasters Silent on Rule Talk Outcome

The recommendation on parietal rules made by the Housemasters Committee last night cannot be announced until the Faculty of Arts and Sciences have passed upon them. Elliot Perkins '23, Housemaster of Lowell House, said last night.

Completely Improper

"It is completely improper for a recommending body to make statements before it has been passed' by the final authority," Perkins said. The recommendations must first go to the Dean's Office and the Administrative Board, and then to the Faculty for the final word. To announce the recommendations would be "completely wrong as well as silly," concluded Perkins.

Vows of Secrecy

"It is not our place," said John H. Finley, Jr. '25 master of Eliot House, last night. "It is for the Dean's Office to make any statement." "All we can do," added Ronald M. Ferry, Housemaster of Winthrop, "is to listen to petitions and make recommendations."

Finley stated, "We all took vows of secrecy."

According to Perkins, the Housemasters recommendations should come up before the Faculty by November 6, if the Dean's Office and the Administrative Board moves quickly.