Big Open-Closed Rally Set for IAB

A gigantic pre-game rally for Saturdays Open-Closed contest at the Stadium will be held on the steps of the Indoor Athletic Building at 7 p.m. Friday night, it was learned yesterday.

Closed College is sending its band down to play for the rally and at half-time Saturday. During the off-season, the group-calls itself Schneider's Silver Cornet Band.

Opening the rally will be the Open University band, known better to music lovers as the Holmes No-Refund Philharmonic. In addition to the bands, both

schools will be represented by cheer leaders.

Officials in charge of the rally and the game have invited all Radcliffe and Harvard students to attend the monster orgy, since the number of Closed and Open students who can make the trip will, of necessity, be limited. At the game, Saturday, no admission will be charged.

Meanwhile, the CRIMSON, which is sponsoring the game with the H.A.A., was flooded last night by phone calls from newspapers, magazines, and radio stations attempting to arrange for coverage. WHRB hopes to broadcast the contest, Time and Life magazines called to say that they may attend, and many Boston newspapers plan stories on the epic tilt