'March of Time' Movie Gets Great Alumni Reaction

Alumni Clubs all over the country are asking for the March of Time film, "Invitation to Harvard," Peter K. Pratt '40, Secretary of the Alumni Association, said yesterday.

Six clubs, in the major cities, have already presented the film, and other requests are arriving every week. The University commissioned The March of Time last year to make the film. It was completed this summer and covers all phases of University life.

Alumni members are experimenting with methods of presentation. In New Bedford, the Club recently ran the film for high school principals, all of whom later requested a copy to show to their students during recess periods.

The film was previewed last spring, minus Commencement scenes, at the Associated Harvard Clubs meeting in Chicago. London saw it this summer, and Paris may get its chance during the winter.

Part of the alumni program of attracting good men to the College, the film can be loaned out to Rotary Clubs and other private organizations. University students also can see the film at Clause Gelotte, where copies are returned for checking after each projection.