Rallies Scheduled In I.A.B. Tonight

Complete plans for tonight's gigantic football rallies for Open University and Closed College were disclosed last night by head cheerleader David Cabot '52.

The rallies, complete with bands representing both schools will follow each other by two minutes. The Open rally is scheduled to start the proceedings at 7 p.m. when the band will lead the procession from the John Harvard statue, down the traditional route and end up on the steps of the Indoor Athletic Building.

Because many of the visiting students will not be familiar with the Open and Closed songs and cheers, a mimeographed sheet will be distributed at the rally.

With the weather bureau predicting clearing and cool for tonight, one of the largest crowds of the year is expected at the rally.

Cabot's plans call for speeches by the coaches of both teams (Jerry Kanter for Closed and Dike Hyde for Open), special songs and cheers, and short speeches by Carol "Slug" Dolan and John McNamara, two varsity players who came up from the House system. Dolan, a Kirkland House resident will speak for Open University while MacNamara, living in Eliot House, will speak for Closed.