Mass Hall, Straus North Triumph

Yard Touch Championships

Straus North and Massachusetts Hall clinched the American and National League titles in freshman touch football yesterday, and will meet today to decide the Yard championship.

The winner of today's contest, which begins at 2:30 p.m. at Soldiers Field, will travel to New Haven to play Yale's freshman champs on Friday.

With its final 6 to 0 victory over Mower yesterday. Straus North remained unbeaten, untied, and unscored upon. The game-winning points were made late in the second period when Geoff Ball dashed ten yards for a touchdown.

Massachusetts Tope Weld

A 7 to 0 victory over Weld North gave Massachusetts Hall the National League crown. In the last period, Bill Radomsky connected with a 15-yard scoring serial to Dick Alemain. A similar play netted Massachusetts the extra point, and the Mass. Hall team hold of a late Weld North drive to win the game.

Stoughton gained second place in the American League by defeating Weld South 7 to 0. Straus North and Thayer Middle won forfeits from Dudley and Matthews north. In National League competition, Hellie downed Matthews South 13 to 0.